2012 Black Diamond Womens “Element”
Black Diamond’s Official Description
Drawing inspiration from big-mountain powder lines, technical comp skiing and everything in between, the Black Diamond Element is a hybrid fun shape that turns any terrain into a creative blank slate. Based on the platform of the men’s AMPerage, the Element features a re-worked flex profile to create a completely new ski engineered for women-no dumbing-down here. Its deep sidecut, 115 mm waist, full tip and tail rocker and underfoot camber add up to a floaty ski that’s as comfortable sending backcountry booters as it is smearing through windbuff or arcing on groomers.
- 115 mm waist, underfoot camber, and women’s-specific flex for effortless transitions from powder to hardpack
- Full tip and tail Rocker for playful, creative, high-performance skiing
- Poplar and birch Internal Wall Core Technology plus an Ollie Bar in the tail for extra pop on take-offs and preventing wheelie-outs on landings
- Formula One Technology with three ribs and Torsion Box Construction for maximum torsional stiffness
- Optimal use: 70% soft snow / 30% hard snow